In this Newsletter:
- Employment Opportunities
Environmental Health Professional – Environmental Health Officer or Environmental Health Technician) – Kernow Environmental Services
Environmental Health Officer – Mildura Rural City Council
Environmental Health Technician – City of Melton
Please go to www.ehpa.org.au/jobs
- Upcoming EHPA Events
Environment SIG Noise Forum Friday 21 June 2019, CQ Functions Melbourne
Emergency Management Course for Public Health Professionals 22-25 July 2019, VEMI, Mount Macedon
Public Health & Wellbeing SIG Forum 15 August 2019, The Angliss Conference Centre, Melbourne
EHPA National Symposium 24 -25 October 2019, The Windsor Hotel, Melbourne – Call for papers https://www.ivvy.com.au/event/SYMP19/call-for-papers.html
- Emergency Management Course Full
Please note we will be accepting no further applications for the 2019 Emergency Management Course for Public Health Professionals as the Course is full.
- Noise Forum 21 June 2019
Haven’t registered yet but intending to go – Registrations to attend this Forum will close at 12.00pm Tuesday 11 June 2019. Please get you registration in ASAP if you wish to attend. Places are filling fast, please go to https://www.ivvy.com.au/event/Noise19/ to register for this event.
- Invitation: Sharing food waste solutions – business networking breakfast, 20 June, MCEC
Do you manage or own a café, restaurant or business that creates food waste? Want to learn how to reduce your costs, boost profits and build a reputation for sustainability with your customers?
Hear from experts about the affordable and simple solutions you can implement to make your business greener.
RSVP now for our Business Networking Breakfast on Thursday, 20 June from 7–9am at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Contact us to secure your place today: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACTRA Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) and Continuing Education Day 2019 to be held in Melbourne on 28 – 30 August 2019.
A one day Continuing Education Course will precede the ASM on
Wednesday, 28 August 2019.
The conference will focus on advances in assessment and understanding of developmental and reproductive toxicology, and application in risk assessment practice. A draft program is now available for both the CE Day and ASM.
Presentation themes include:
- Recent changes in OECD reproduction/developmental test protocols: for better or worse, risk assessment implications!
- Predictability (or otherwise) of adverse endocrine disruptive effects suggested by in vitro assays and whether/how to incorporate into risk assessment?
- Relevance of non-mammalian assays to identify mammalian development and reproductive toxicants
- The use of in vitro endocrine activity data for identifying and classifying chemical hazards in Australia
- Environmental exposures and low birth weight; what is the evidence telling us?
- Understanding reproductive/developmental chemical and botanical hazards
- Recent developmental investigations of an herbal product: being ‘all natural’ does not necessarily mean safe!
- Neurobehavioural toxicity testing
For more information please go to: https://clems.eventsair.com/QuickEventWebsitePortal/actra-asm-2019/welcome
That’s it for now, have a great long weekend.
RegardsBernadet Ferraro|Executive Officer & Company Secretary