- Employment Opportunities
Environmental Health Officer – City of Melbourne
Casual Student Environmental Health Officer – Wyndham City Council
Please go to www.ehpa.org.au/jobs to apply for these positions
- 2016 Symposium Information
Have you checked out the Symposium Papers and Photos, you can do so at https://ehpa.org.au/symposium-2016/symposium-2016-proceedings/
And while you are reading this, check out our photo collage at https://vimeo.com/192784626 also on Facebook & Linkedin, don’t forget to like us!
- Safe Food AustraliaThe latest edition of Safe Food Australia – A guide to the Food Safety Standards is now available. Please go to: http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/publications/Pages/safefoodaustralia3rd16.aspx for more information.
4. New products and foods entering the market – Request for information from DHHS
One of the challenges we have at the department is rapidly responding to the food safety issues for emerging food trends. Individually EHOs have the best access to this information, as you are often approached in the first instance, but lack the whole picture to be able to see what is trending.
I’d like you to complete a survey to submit new/interesting/unusual foods that have come across your desks. I can then use the information to review the emerging trends and hopefully respond to them much faster, as well as using this trend analysis to add value to the future supplements (such as the fermentation supplement I am currently undertaking) and guidance on FSP templates.
For more information please contact Gabrielle Allen, Senior Food Science Officer, Systems & Program Development, Food Safety Unit
- Upcoming Events – Mark Your Diary Now!
28 February 2016 – EHPA Annual Food Forum, Moonee Valley Racecourse, Moonee Ponds.
31 March 2016 – City of Greater Dandenong public health EHO information day – Culturally Diverse Food Traders
6. Have you paid your 2016 Membership Renewal? Time is running out.